Summer Grilled Romaine Hearts
If you cringe at the thought of warm lettuce, just hear us out. Grilled romaine is a completely different type of dish that combines amazing grilled flavors and textures with rich blue cheese dressing for an experience unlike any other. Heirloom tomatoes round out the flavors in a perfect, summer-y way.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F).
- Slice the romaine hearts in half lengthwise and brush with the olive oil. Place the romaine hearts, cut side down, on the grill and cook for 5 minutes, until charred and wilted.
- Transfer to a platter and top with the dressing, crumbled blue cheese, and tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- If you don’t have access to a grill, you can use a grill pan on the stove, preheated over high heat for 5 minutes.