Are you looking for that fancy Asian Chicken Salad you might’ve eaten before (or always wanted to try) but were too afraid to have it again because of the expense?
Guess what? There’s a way you can make this salad for much less! Make no mistake — the taste of Asian Chicken Salad is far from cheap, but with this recipe, you’ll get more bang for your buck and enjoy putting your own homemade spin on it!
As its name suggests, chicken is the star of the show in this Asian Chicken Salad. Marinated in Asian toasted sesame dressing, the chicken will have a combination of sweet, nutty, and smoky flavors, making for an absolutely unique experience the moment you taste it. Adding to the feel of the salad are the tender touch of orange slices. Juicy, sweet, and tart all at once, mandarin oranges give a burst of flavor that perfectly complements the chicken. Tomatoes further enrich the softness and juiciness of the dish.
Acting as a contrast is the crunchiness of shredded carrots, scallions, onions, and chopped celery stalks. Carrots have that touch of sweetness alongside the crisp romaine lettuce, but the rest of the crunchy group fall on the slightly spicy and salty side of the spectrum.
With the alternating textures of this salad, your palate is in for a delightful treat! As the contrasting textures play together, you’ll be able to appreciate how each ingredient combines into a harmonious whole. The best part is that it’s all homemade but has all the fanciness of a restaurant’s chicken salad! With your very own Asian Chicken Salad, you’ll feel like you’re in a five-star place without breaking the bank!Print
Asian Chicken Salad
Enjoy a five-star dish with every spoonful of this Asian Chicken Salad!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Marinade Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle Asian toasted sesame dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 22 ounces)
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and wedged
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 scallions, sliced on an angle
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- Tuxedo sesame seeds (mixed black and white), for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken breasts and 1/4 cup of the Asian dressing. Allow them to marinate for up to 1 hour.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 1-inch strips.
- To make the salad, toss the romaine lettuce, mandarin oranges, tomatoes, scallions, red onion, celery, and shredded carrots in a large salad bowl. Divide among four plates and top each serving with half a chicken breast on top. Top with additional Asian dressing and sesame seeds.
Have you tried this Asian Chicken Salad recipe? What did you think? How does it compare to enjoying this dish at your favorite restaurant?