30-Minute Chicken Caprese Salad
Your weeknight salad routine is about to get a shake-up with this simple-yet-delicious take on a caprese salad. Mini mozzarella balls and tomatoes take the stage, and the addition of chicken means you’ll have a protein-packed salad that will leave you satisfied. This recipe includes a homemade balsamic dressing to ensure that you are making the healthiest and tastiest salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup mozzarella balls
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Green olives, for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F).
- Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, and shallot in a jar with a lid and shake. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Pour balsamic dressing to taste over the salad, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine. (You may have leftover dressing.)
- Divide the salad evenly between 2 plates, top each salad with a chicken breast, and serve with lemon slices and green olives.
Been looking for quick, healthy weeknight meals for before the gym. This is quick & love the dressing.