Classic Chicken Salad
A classic chicken salad is just what your summer needs. Easy ingredients and perfect to bring to a family gathering, this salad is a weeknight winner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2–1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1–2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1–2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- Lettuce, bread, and/or crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, lemon pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix in the chicken, celery, and green onions. Add hard-boiled eggs (if using). Mix again.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or longer.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with bread or crackers or in a sandwich.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.