Garlic Mushroom Quinoa Bowl
There are two great reasons to make this dish with your heart in mind: Garlic is linked to reducing blood pressure and quinoa is high in fiber which is associated with lowering heart disease risk. To top it off, this quinoa bowl is full of other healthy ingredients that are wonderfully balanced together.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, blanch the Brussels sprouts in 2 cups salted water over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and dried thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mushrooms and Brussels sprouts into the quinoa until well combined.
- Serve immediately, topped with the Parmesan cheese and fresh thyme.