Homemade Strawberry Soda
Using just fresh strawberries and honey, you can create the perfect homemade strawberry soda, with just touch of sweetness. Use as-is for luscious pulp, or strain through a cheesecloth for a filtered syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Beverages
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tbsp honey
- Sparkling water, sparking mineral water, or soda water
- Optional: Cheesecloth for filtering
- In a sauce pan, add water and strawberries and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes, mashing the strawberries about halfway through when they are softened.
- When done, add to a food processor or blender with honey and blend for a full minute until completely smooth. Add to an air-tight sealed container and let cool.
- To create your soda, add 2 tbsp puree to the bottom of a glass, and add a few splashes of your sparking water to the glass and mix.
- Fill glass with 4-6oz of sparkling water, to your taste preference, adding more puree for a larger glass.
- (Optional: If you don’t like pulp, strain through a cheesecloth – you may want to double the recipe to do this.)
- If you prefer a sweeter version, add an extra tablespoon of honey to the sauce pan when you are cooking the strawberries.
- Note that the more honey you add, the harder it may be to combine because honey hardens in cold water, so don’t go overboard. If you want it, extra sweet, add 1/8 cup sugar while cooking.
- If you don’t like pulp, double the recipe and filter through cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve.