Backyard bashes are a real treat; not only do you get to enjoy the company of your family, friends, or neighbors, but you also get to sample some homemade food that fills your soul and stomach. The one thing that every barbecue needs is the perfect deli salad to accompany any and all main dishes. This creamy, flavorful Backyard Bash Potato Salad certainly fits the bill! When it’s your turn to host a get-together, or if you’re planning to bring food to one, then this potato salad is your best bet!
After all, who doesn’t love potatoes? They’re tasty, filling, and there are so many ways you can enjoy them. For the Backyard Bash Potato Salad recipe, they come in tender one-inch chunks that taste even better with the combination of hard-boiled eggs.
Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise) with some sour cream, apple cider vinegar, and yellow mustard is a surprisingly pleasant mix that harmonizes the subtle spiciness and sourness of the ingredients.
If you’re looking for something to chew on, this potato salad isn’t short on that either. There’s chopped celery, yellow onions, and scallions for that delightfully refreshing crunch characteristic of any good salad. Plus, they give the dish hints of spice that enriches the taste of ground black pepper.
If you really think about it, this Backyard Bash Potato Salad is pretty easy to make, and you can pair it up with practically any main dish. Creamy and supremely flavorful, this salad is a real crowd-pleaser, making gatherings even more memorable. Don’t forget to chill your salad for at least four hours, so the flavors can settle and meld with each other. If you’re serving this in a party, it’s best to make a big enough batch, so everyone can have a taste!Print
Backyard Bash Potato Salad
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser, this Backyard Bash Potato Salad is right up your alley!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add the potato chunks and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and reserve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, celery, yellow onion, and scallions and toss. Add the eggs and toss again.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours or longer. Serve.
Have you tried this Backyard Bash Potato Salad recipe? What do you think?