This Slow Cooker Italian Chicken recipe is one of my go-to’s because it’s so easy to make and it always turns out great. Plus, it’s healthy! It doesn’t matter if you only have chicken thighs or breasts on hand; this recipe will work with whatever you have. Just throw them in the slow cooker with some Italian spices and let it do its thing.
After a few hours, you’ll have these insanely tender and juicy chicken pieces that are infused with all the flavors of Italy. Plus, they go great with just about anything! I like to serve mine with some roasted vegetables or a simple salad, but you can also shred the chicken and use it for sandwiches, put it on top of some pasta, or really do anything else with it that you can think of. The possibilities are endless!
Personally, I want to serve healthy meals to my family. Who doesn’t? But sometimes, finding the time to cook a healthy meal from scratch is hard. That’s why I love this recipe! I prioritize recipes that are not only delicious but also good for you, and this Slow Cooker Italian Chicken definitely fits that bill. It’s simple and straightforward while using healthy ingredients.
I’ve always loved how Italian Chicken is so versatile. It’s one of those dishes you can never get enough of, and its taste never gets old. And with this slow cooker version, it’s even easier to make! You don’t have to worry about it being healthy or not, too, because there’s no oil needed. Give this Slow Cooker Italian recipe a try if you’re ever in a pinch and need a quick, delicious, and nutritional meal.Print
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
This Slow Cooker Italian Chicken recipe gives you the tender, juicy, and healthy meal that you need after a long, busy day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Entrées
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and large diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Cooked regular, whole- wheat, or gluten-free pasta, or rice, for serving
- Lightly spray the insert of an 8-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the tomatoes with their juices and smash with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomato paste, basil, marjoram, parsley, oregano, rosemary, and red pepper ﬂakes. Stir to combine.
- Lay the chicken thighs evenly over the tomato mixture and stir to coat. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on Low or for 3 to 4 hours on High.
- Shred the chicken before serving.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Keywords: slow cooker, italian, chicken
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think? Do you prefer it with chicken thighs or chicken breasts? Or maybe even both?