It’s impossible for me not to love fresh sweet corn when I grew up picking out the freshest ears of corn at the local cornfield with my family. We would then husk them, cook them, and eat them with butter and salt. It was always a treat! But that childhood treat is even better with this Fresh Sweet Corn Gazpacho recipe!
Gazpacho is a Spanish cuisine that the French fully adopted, making almost all summer menus feature at least one. I was intrigued when I first heard of Fresh Sweet Corn Gazpacho; I love corn soup (and anything with fresh corn!), so I was sure I would enjoy this cold soup version.
This soup is perfect for summertime because it’s light and refreshing, but for people who love fresh sweet corn, this can be enjoyed all year round! My favorite way is to use fresh corn, but it’ll still be delicious with whatever corn you have available.
This recipe’s icing on the cake is that it’s dairy-free and gluten-free, so not only is it refreshing, but it’s also healthy and accessible for your friends with dietary restrictions. Just imagine how the flavors of fresh veggies blend together with the olive oil and chives. Fresh Sweet Corn Gazpacho is perfect for a picnic or as the starter to your next BBQ. Even if your guest isn’t gung-ho for gazpacho, this Fresh Sweet Corn Gazpacho will change their tune!
And hey, if it doesn’t, that just means more of this wonderful dish for you to enjoy yourself!Print
Fresh Sweet Corn Gazpacho
Combine the sweetness and soft, buttery flavor of corn with a light and refreshing soup with this Fresh Corn Gazpacho recipe!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soups
- 2 pounds yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- Kernels from 3 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, corn kernels, bell peppers, shallots, garlic, and jalapeño. Sprinkle with the sea salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour the corn mixture into a blender or food processor and add the olive oil. Blend the soup until smooth or, if you prefer, leave a bit chunky.
- Add the vinegar, lime zest, and lime juice. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled, garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and some chives.
Have you this gazpacho recipe? If you love the juicy sweet goodness of fresh corn on the cob, I would definitely recommend this recipe. Give it a try soon and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.