Mocha Dot Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ﬂour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, then add the brown sugar and beat for an additional 3 minutes. Add the egg and espresso mixture and mix well. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and sour cream until well blended. Fold in the chips by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store between layers of waxed paper or parchment paper in an airtight container.