It’s a new year and hopefully yours is off to a great start. Even though it’s just the turn of a calendar page, there’s something about a new year that gives us a fresh perspective. Of course, around here that means looking at fresh new recipe ideas and sharing them with you. And I have to tell you, the January/February 2021 issue of RecipeLion Magazine is loaded with delicious, healthy meals designed, as always, to work with the busy schedules of modern life.
We’re starting with breakfast recipes that will give you the energy you need to get moving. Then we have some powerfully nutritious soup recipes you can make quickly enough for a hearty lunch.
And in case you’re like me, and wish you didn’t need to clean the kitchen after cooking, you’ll find several one-dish dinners that require minimal cleanup. Of course, we aren’t about to skip dessert. Espresso Sugar Cookies, anyone?
Check out some of the recipes!
Big on Breakfast
It’s the most important meal of the day, so might as well make it the most delicious, too!
- Easy Oatmeal Coffee Cake: What a delightful way to start the week! You can prep it in 10 minutes, then put it in the oven while you get ready for the day. There’s nothing like sitting down with a fresh cup of coffee and a slice of this coffee cake while the sun is coming up and the birds are singing.
- Fruit & Granola Bark: Here’s a healthy breakfast disguised as an indulgent chocolate dessert! With a base of Greek yogurt and topped with granola, fresh fruit, and pistachios, this bark is perfect for an on-the-go breakfast.
- Easy Quiche with Brown Rice Crust: This is just an amazingly delicious breakfast dish. I could eat it every day of the week.
There’s nothing like a bowl of hot soup on a cold winter day. It’s even better when you can put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and forget about them for a few hours. All those flavors just stewing together over time gives you such a delectable, wholesome taste.
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Lentil Soup: Smoked sausage, lentils, carrots, onion and garlic come together in a rich beef broth enhanced with thyme for an unbelievably hearty bowl of soup. For a real treat, sop up some of the broth with a piece of fresh crusty bread!
- Creamy Cauliflower Cheddar Soup: This soup recipe is thick and rich and you already know how well cauliflower and cheddar go together. This soup is pretty much guaranteed to make you feel like a kid again.
I love to cook. That’s no mystery. But honestly, when you have a busy day and the dog needs to go out and you’re feeling a bit done, it’s tough to cook knowing that you have to clean up afterwards. This is the very reason you’ll find a section in this issue of RecipeLion Magazine dedicated to One-Dish Dinners that are nearly mess-free.
- 15-Minute Roasted Parmesan Asparagus: When asparagus is in season soon, you do not want to miss this. There’s nothing like fresh asparagus early in the season. Add some salty Parmesan, and WOW!
- Easy One-Pot Chicken Cacciatore: I can pretty much promise this will show up on your menu regularly.
A splash of citrus can do wonders to brighten a grey winter day.
- Easy Shrimp and Rice: Brown rice, garlic, black beans, and shrimp, along with cilantro and fresh lime juice is a taste combo you won’t soon forget.
I love a good salad for lunch. It’s enough to keep me energized through dinner without feeling weighed down from a heavy meal.
- Homemade Ultimate Caesar Salad: Everyone’s favorite salad with a delicious homemade dressing just can’t be beat.
Have a Heart
- Poppable Champagne Gummy Hearts: This is the grownup version of the classic gummy candies that are loved far and wide.
Livin’ La Vida Mocha
What would a cooking magazine be without dessert? In this issue, we’re Livin’ La Vida Mocha, with coffee-themed desserts!
- Choco-latte No-Bake Cookies: Cocoa powder, espresso powder, creamy peanut butter, and hazelnut spread. It’s pretty much everything you could ask for in a decadent treat.
- Espresso Sugar Cookies: I’m mentioning these again because they’re just that darn good. These are next-level sugar cookies we’re talking about here. Add a dash of espresso and top with caramel or chocolate syrup. Along with a cup of coffee, this makes a perfect little delight for after lunch.
- Choco Bacon Espresso Bark: There are so many good things about this, but one that I think you’ll love is that it only takes 10 minutes to make them. And there are only four ingredients: crispy bacon, dark chocolate chips, espresso beans, and flaked sea salt. Seriously good!
I hope you enjoy the latest issue of RecipeLion Magazine as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it. We’re so happy to be here cooking with you and we’re looking forward to many more recipes, dishes, and meals to share.
Happy cooking—and happy eating!
Editor & Publisher
P.S. Please enjoy this issue of RecipeLion Magazine, and let me know what you think about it by commenting below with your feedback! Your input is valuable to us and can help us make improvements.