15-Minute Egg Drop Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soups
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (from 1/8 inch piece)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini or shiitake mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg white. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the broth with the cornstarch.
- Pour the rest of the broth into a medium saucepan and add the garlic salt, pepper, ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, stir, and cook for 2 minutes, until thickened. Add the mushrooms.
- Bring the broth back to a full boil and stir in a clockwise direction.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the broth and stir in a clockwise direction for 30 seconds or until the eggs are cooked.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with the green onions, and serve.