Make-Ahead Bite Size Omelet Cups
If you have family staying over, you need a divide-and-conquer plan of attack when it comes to brunch. Smaller, plentiful, varied options allow guests to graze whenever they wake up and drift downstairs, and that’s exactly what these bite-size omelets provide. Morning, noon, or night, these little protein-packed egg cups are a great snack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini omelets 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 thick slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter, and cream until blended and season with salt and pepper. Evenly pour the mixture into muffin cups; each should be about three-quarters full. Sprinkle each with crumbled bacon, cheese, and scallions.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully turn the muffin tin over and remove the omelets. Serve.