Peppermint Crunch Cookies
The secret to the flavor of these cookies is not only the peppermint candy but the peppermint extract. These are perfect cookies to pair with a cup of hot chocolate, or maybe even a peppermint mocha if you’re feeling extra minty.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Andes mints, chopped
- 1 cup finely crushed round peppermint candies (or candy canes)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar using a hand mixer on medium-high speed until light and ﬂuffy.
- Add the egg, peppermint extract, and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Slowly add the ﬂour and salt and mix until well combined. Fold in the Andes mints.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the crushed candy canes with the sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each cookie ball in the candy cane mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on wire racks. Serve.