Easy Gingerbread Cookies
Making gingerbread is a family favorite activity and this recipe is the easiest way to make these cookies this year. Decorate and enjoy (and top the Gingerbread Cake with these cookies!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box spice- flavored cake mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- Assorted candies and icing for decorating
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, combine the spice-ﬂavored cake mix, ½ cup ﬂour, and ground ginger and mix on low for a few seconds to combine. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, and dark molasses, beating brieﬂy. Then add to
the ﬂour mixture with the machine on medium. Beat for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides once. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or up to 3 days before continuing.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly ﬂoured work surface, roll the dough in two batches to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place on the baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before decorating as desired. Serve.