Oh Sweet! Potato Pie
Sweet potatoes are an absolute necessity for a holiday meal. Though we love the brown sugar and marshmallow casseroles, this pie is a nice alternative to pumpkin pie to finish off your meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and microwave for about 7 minutes, or until very soft. Peel away the skins and measure the pulp—you should have 3 cups.
- Process the pulp and the butter in a food processor until completely smooth. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, nutmeg, and salt and pulse briefly. Combine the evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla in a measuring cup and, with the processor running, add to the potato puree until combined.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Let cool completely, then slice and serve.