Magic Christmas Cookies
Cake mix and Cool Whip come together like magic for these quick and easy cookies that are chewy and fun to make. Plus, you can customize the batch by using different cake mixes and food coloring to make the perfect batch.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box vanilla white cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, egg, whipped topping, and vanilla.
- Divide the dough in half and place one half in a second bowl. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green food coloring to the other. Add more food coloring to each as necessary until you reach the desired color.
- Put the confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch balls and place into the bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll around until covered. Place the balls on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.