Cheesy Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Holiday dinners just aren’t complete without a good side of scalloped potatoes. Cheesy, easy and full of flavor, this version of a classic uses Gruyère cheese for a slight twist.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half Fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread an even layer of potatoes on the bottom of the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Spread half of the Gruyère cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese evenly over the potatoes and dot with half of the butter.
- Top with any remaining potatoes. Pour the half-and-half evenly over the cheese. Top with the remaining Gruyère, Parmesan, and butter.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden brown. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.