Chewy Maple Sugar Cookies
What’s better than a yummy sugar cookie? A sugar cookie made sweetened with maple syrup! Even better? The maple glaze on these cookies adds the perfect touch.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Maple Icing
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3–3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- For the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and 1 1/4 cups of the granulated sugar on medium-high speed until combined. Add the egg yolks, vanilla, and maple syrup. Slowly add the ﬂour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch balls, then roll them in the sugar to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops of the cookies start to crack.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the maple icing: In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, cream, and maple syrup. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled cookies and serve.