Stained Glass Window Cookies
If you’re looking for the best no-bake cookie recipe to bring to your Christmas church services or your Christmas Eve festivities, these classy treats are just what you need! The shredded coconut reminds me of a peaceful winter night when, for a moment, everything feels just right.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and semisweet chocolate chips over low heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla, salt, and walnuts. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until combined.
- Spoon half the mixture lengthwise down the center of a piece of waxed paper and roll it into a log. Sprinkle the coconut on and roll the log, evenly coating the outside. Wrap the log in waxed paper. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Unwrap and slice into 1/4-inch slices and serve.