My husband and I have a “Labradoodle,” also known as a doodle, and her name is Paisley. My in-laws have her sister, whose name is Sophie, but we all call her Snickerdoodle. My sister-in-law and her husband adopted her brother, Hunter, who we call a string bean. This sounds silly, and it is, but whenever I hear the word snickerdoodle, I think of our three sweet little furry pups and can’t help but smile. You may feel the same way once you try these little balls of joy. Plus, they are healthy and full of whole, nutritious ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 balls 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 ounces Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor ﬁtted with the “S” blade, process the cashews, almonds, ﬂaked coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until ﬁnely ground.
- Add the dates and coconut extract and process until the dough becomes very sticky.
- Using a small spring-loaded scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and roll it in your hands to form a smooth ball; repeat to make 20 balls.