North Pole Lemon Cookies
Topped with white Christmas vanilla frosting, these sweet lemon cookies are good enough for Mrs. Claus’s kitchen! It’s easy to get bogged down with chocolate, caramel, and the whole shebang during the holidays, which is why a fruity cookie like this can be such a refreshing choice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 (16-ounce) tub of vanilla frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, granulated sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil, milk, salt, lemon extract, lemon zest, and egg.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies are set but not brown.
- Let set for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Top with vanilla frosting and serve.