A signature characteristic of parties at my house are the goodie bags. There is always a little something to-go for my guests, and this crunchy almond-coated treat is one that everyone tends to love. They are super easy to make and so cute wrapped up into individual baggies, tied with a pretty ribbon.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8-10 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- Line a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until melted and combined.
- Add the corn syrup and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the almond slices, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet. The mixture will naturally spread out thinly, due to its consistency. Transfer to the refrigerator for 1 hour to cool and set up.
- Break the brittle into pieces and package into individual servings, if desired.