Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This dish is versatile because it doubles as both a side dish and a main course. I like to make this at the beginning of the week and dole out portions to serve on the side over the next few days, though you could easily serve this to a family of six as the star attraction!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash (see Notes)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti squash, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme and place the mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until browned on top and heated through. Garnish with the sour cream and parsley. Scoop and serve.
- To cook spaghetti squash, slice it in half lengthwise. Drizzle with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
One 2 1/2-pound spaghetti squash will yield about 3 cups.