This dish makes a great late-summer side salad—or add some protein such as chicken or fish, and you have a full dinner meal! And your guests will never guess that you’ve served them fennel until you share the recipe later. Fresh and delicious!Print
Shaved Fennel Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- In a large mixing bowl toss fennel, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until uniformly coated.
- Place the fennel mixture on a serving platter and arrange the peach slices on top.
- Drizzle pesto over the entire platter.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and chopped herbs.
- 2 fennel bulbs, fronds (the leafy top) removed, and thinly sliced
- 2 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup mix of chopped basil and chopped mint
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
Have you tried this sumptuous salad? It’s so easy to make—15 minutes qualifies as just about the easiest of recipes—please tell us how it turned out for you by commenting below.