Zefa Fino Fennel is a variety of Florence Fennel or “bulbing” fennel. Some say that Zefa Fino Fennel is one of the best types of fennel for garden use, with reliable bulbs that grow about 3 to 5 inches across. This superior variety was developed for succulent texture without any toughness or woodiness. Zefa Fino Fennel is also easy to harvest because the root stem is short. The bulbs and stalks can be eaten raw like celery or cooked in a variety of dishes. The leaves are used in sauces and soups, and the plant’s oil flavors candy, fish, and medicine—Zefa Fino Fennel oil is even used to make soap!
Zefa Fino Fennel is easy to grow and is a hardy plant—it can be grown in containers and started indoors, too.
- Grows up to 6 feet tall and needs at least 2 feet of spacing
- Bright green fern-like leaves
- Grows aromatic yellow flowers
- Likes to grow in full sun
- Thrives in well-drained soil that is light, dry, and sandy
- Moderate watering requirements, once or twice a week
- Moderate anise-celery flavor
Have you ever tried growing Zefa Fino Fennel? Please tell us your best tips for growing Zefa Fino Fennel.