Let’s be real, when the holiday season comes around, it can be difficult to bake desserts that the family will enjoy. What’s more, it tends to get quite busy, making it almost impossible to spend time in the kitchen. This doesn’t have to be a problem that you face because the Magic Christmas Cookies are sure to delight all family members of all ages.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s extremely quick and easy. All you need are two main ingredients and some decorative elements to create a dessert that everyone will love and enjoy.
While this is a recipe that you can make for Christmas or the holidays, you can choose to bake it at any time of the year, too! Simply change the cake mixes and play around with food colorings to create cookies that perfectly fit your occasion.
I use standard vanilla white cake mix for this recipe, but you also have the freedom to change it up. You can change it to chocolate, funfetti, lemon supreme, spiced cake, or gluten-free — it just depends on your personal preference.
However, if you do decide to use other cake mixes, take note that the color of your food coloring may not be as vibrant. Especially if you choose chocolate cake mix, the color won’t appear at all. Be sure to consider this when you decide on the perfect flavors.
Other than that, you can let your creativity shine and play around with your cookies. After all, the magic is in your hands. You can create the Magic Christmas Cookies any way you want, and they’ll still be a chewy, yummy dessert for everyone to enjoy!Print
Magic Christmas Cookies
The Magic Christmas Cookies will bring magic to your plate just by combining two simple ingredients: cake mix and Cool Whip. You’ll be surprised at the wonderful things you can create with this quick, easy, and fun recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box vanilla white cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, egg, whipped topping, and vanilla.
- Divide the dough in half and place one half in a second bowl. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green food coloring to the other. Add more food coloring to each as necessary until you reach the desired color.
- Put the confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch balls and place into the bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll around until covered. Place the balls on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Do you have a favorite color when you make these cookies? Or a favorite flavor? Or do you prefer to mix things up?