Homemade Fudge Candy Rolls
Making this type of fudge is a bit different than traditional fudge. These candies are chocolatey and sweet and look cute when wrapped individually! Place them on each guest’s plate for the perfect after-dinner treat.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 24-36 rolls 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a 9-inch square pan. Cut twenty-four to thirty-six 4-inch squares from parchment paper.
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, thoroughly combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Gradually stir in the milk with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring continuously. Once the mixture boils, stop stirring.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan, ensuring that the bulb is not sitting on the bottom.
- Boil, without stirring, until the mixture reaches 230 degrees F (soft ball stage).
- Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla, stirring with a wooden spoon. The mixture will hiss and bubble vigorously when you add these ingredients, so be careful.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the fridge. Once completely cool, remove from the fridge and divide into 24 to 36 equal portions. Roll each piece between your palms into the fudge candy shape. Once shaped, wrap in the prepared parchment squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.