Frozen Hot Chocolate
I remember when Frozen Hot Chocolate became a big fad at a place in New York City. The restaurant, Serendipity III, featured this drink, and I wanted nothing more than to try it myself. Like any love story, where someone is meant to ﬁnd another person despite all the odds, I ended up ﬁnding a way to it and have since made it at home as a reminder of the power of persistence.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Assemble Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 frozen hot chocolates 1x
- Category: Beverages
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix (or two single-serving packets)
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 3 cups crushed ice
- Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles for garnish (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles in blender. Blend on high until frothy.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately.