This twist on a lasagna dish is fun to make and easy to serve as each roll-up is the perfect portion size for individual servings. Take the guesswork out of lasagna or tricky stuffed shells by making these roll-ups instead.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 (15-ounce) container fat- free ricotta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 9 regular, whole-wheat, or gluten-free lasagna noodles, cooked (1/2 of a 16-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly spread about 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place a piece of waxed or parchment paper on the counter and lay out the lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle.
- Carefully roll up each noodle and place seam-side down into the baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining spaghetti sauce over the noodles and top each one with 1 tablespoon of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve.