I always get excited for backyard parties. There’s laughter in the air among friends and family, and the smell of something delicious on the grill! What I really love about grilling is that you can grill almost anything and the end result is a mix of tender but crispy food, with that slight singe that makes it extra special and extra yummy!
For your next backyard party, how about giving a twist to the usual kabob with these Marinated BBQ Chicken Kabobs With Pineapple and Bacon? They’re easy to assemble, are a feast for the eyes, and they will excite your palate with sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors all at once!
The trick to amazing Marinated BBQ Chicken Kabobs With Pineapple and Bacon is marinating the chicken with barbecue sauce before grilling. Two to three hours in a refrigerated zip-top bag should allow the chicken breasts to absorb the barbecue sauce’s sweet-tangy taste. For the bacon, a little pre-cooking on a stovetop is in order. This makes sure your bacon is ready for a quick grill and will be cooked through with just the right crispy texture once finished.
For your bell peppers, onions, and pineapples, slicing them into chunks helps them hold better when skewered. Your pineapples, in particular, will retain their refreshingly sweet taste and juicy texture when grilled as big chunks. Chunky bell peppers and onions also make them quite a treat when you bite into them together with some crispy bacon and tender, marinated chicken.
When done, serve these Marinated BBQ Chicken Kabobs With Pineapple and Bacon fresh off the grill! That pleasantly smoky flavor will surely make you come back for seconds!Print
Marinated BBQ Chicken Kabobs with Pineapple & Bacon
Get ready for a slightly tropical twist to kabobs with these juicy, crunchy, and colorful Marinated BBQ Chicken Kabobs With Pineapple and Bacon!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Marinade Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 6-8 skewers 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2–2-inch chunks
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Combine the chicken and barbecue sauce in a large zip-top bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2–3 hours.
- Soak 6–8 (12-inch) wooden skewers in water for 1 hour.
- Microwave the bacon for 1–2 minutes or cook on the stovetop until crispy.
- Thread the chicken, bacon, pineapple, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and onions onto the skewers in an alternating pattern. It may be necessary to fold the bacon in half to ﬁt it on the skewers.
- Prepare an outdoor grill. Grill the kabobs over high heat until the chicken and bacon are fully cooked to 160–165 degrees F, about 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve hot.
Have you tried these kabobs yet? How did they turn out?
Want to use home-grown bell peppers for this? Learn all about growing your own bell peppers in the special Beautiful Bell Peppers collection. It’s packed with planting tips, specific plant profiles, recipes, nutrition and health information, and resources to help you be the best food gardener you can be.