Jalapeño poppers are just like the name suggests: a pop of surprise when you bite into them! It’s like popping open a Christmas cracker. Jalapeño poppers are meant to be spicy, with cheese oozing out every time you indulge in a satisfyingly crunchy bite. They pack a lot of heat but, at the same time, are absolutely decadent and rich. You can’t help but keep, well, popping them in your mouth!
Now, imagine that combination of fresh, spicy chiles and creamy cheese in the form of a lip-smackingly good sauce topped on some perfectly grilled pork chops. Wouldn’t that just be absolutely amazing?
You don’t have to imagine it for long because that’s exactly what these 30-Minute Grilled Jalapeño Popper Pork Chops are! If you have half an hour to spare, you’ll be able to prepare two delicious favorites and enjoy them at once.
Grilled pork chops seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and drizzled lightly with olive oil are bound to have a delightfully smoky flavor that’s just waiting for the perfect sauce to accompany it. And, that’s where the taste of jalapeño poppers comes in. As a sauce topping, you get to enjoy this thick, creamy, cheesy, and spicy companion to your grilled pork chops. Adding in some salsa verde, or green salsa, to the sauce brings out the smoky taste of the grilled pork chops. Salsa verde also has a mellow tartness and bright tangy flavor.
Though these 30-Minute Grilled Jalapeño Popper Pork Chops can seem extra rich, this recipe uses low-fat, softened cream cheese and some shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Don’t worry about indulging in the sauce and being a little more generous with your topping. Of course, these cheeses also work wonderfully with your chopped jalapeños, which pack a spicy punch that will keep you going back for more!
Sprinkle your dish with some chopped bacon for that added crunch and protein, and voila — you get a two-in-one surprise that’s hard to resist!Print
30-Minute Grilled Jalapeño Popper Pork Chops
Enjoy a tasty surprise when you indulge in these smoky and delightfully rich 30-Minute Grilled Jalapeño Popper Pork Chops!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon (optional)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa verde, half the cheddar cheese, and half the chopped jalapeño. Set aside.
- Once the grill is hot, grill the pork chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Divide the cheese mixture between the chops and spoon it on top.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeños, and chopped bacon (if desired). Serve.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think?