White Wine-Glazed Chicken
Cooking with wine makes everything better! Grab an unoaked dry Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc to make the glaze this chicken is cooked in. Mushrooms, peppers, and onions will soak up the wine flavor for a result that’s best served with rice on the side. P.S. Don’t forget to pour yourself a glass of wine while cooking!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- Cooked white or brown rice, for serving
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth, low-sodium preferred
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Stir in the white wine, mushrooms, red bell pepper, green onions, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, reserving the drippings, and place the chicken on a plate with warm rice.
- Whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch and add it to the drippings in the skillet. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Spoon the glaze over the chicken. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.