Transform your summer squash into a moist, delicious loaf of bread! This luscious bread would be the perfect side to a light summer salad or soup.Print
Summer Squash Bread
Transform your summer squash into a moist, delicious loaf of bread! This luscious bread would be the perfect side to a light summer salad or soup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 16 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded summer squash
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, oil, and vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold in the squash. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Have you tried this recipe? Please tell us if you serve it at dinner or even breakfast, and how your family likes it.