Now you can use two of your favorite food crops in one dish, including two kinds of summer squash. This garden-fresh salad makes a great lunch or a side at dinner.Print
Garlicky Summer Squash and Fresh Corn
Now you can use two of your favorite food crops in one dish, including two kinds of summer squash. This garden-fresh salad makes a great lunch or a side at dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onion and garlic until slightly tender. Mix in the vegetable broth and corn kernels, and cook until heated through. Mix in the squash and zucchini. Cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash and zucchini are tender.
- Mix the parsley and butter into the skillet with the squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until butter is melted, and serve hot.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and makes for a fun dish for your friends and family—please tell us how it turned out for you.