Need a luscious, savory biscuit to serve on the side? This drop biscuit travels well, from breakfast through dinner. And it reheats well, too, with just 5 minutes in the oven—if there are any left over, that is.Print
Sour Cream & Scallion Biscuits
Need a luscious, savory biscuit to serve on the side? This drop biscuit travels well, from breakfast through dinner. And it reheats well, too, with just 5 minutes in the oven—if there are any left over, that is.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Bakery
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter: melted, cooled, and divided
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle in 6 tablespoons of butter into the dry ingredients and use your hands to distribute the butter.
- Add the scallions and lightly mix together.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and add the sour cream.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until you have a rough dough.
- Drop the dough, 1/2 cup at a time, onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing the biscuits about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- You can also drop the biscuits into a cast iron skillet, so the biscuits just touch. You should have 8 biscuits.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the remaining melted butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt or paprika.
- Bake biscuits until they’re brown on the top and bottom, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter on the side.
Have you made these biscuits? Did you have any left over? Please tell us how this recipe turned out for you.