Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
One of the perks to making creamed corn in the slow cooker is the Warm setting. This allows the sauce to stay creamy and it won’t thicken because it won’t have the chance to cool down. It’s the perfect addition to any summer meal when you’re juggling lots of dishes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 pound fresh or frozen corn kernels (4 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) package of creamcheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Spray the inset of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Put the corn, cream cheese, half-and-half, butter, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker. Do not worry about combining everything perfectly, as it will melt together as it cooks. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- With an immersion blender, carefully blend the hot mixture to the desired consistency directly in the slow cooker.
- Serve with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and fresh parsley.