Classic Cherries Jubilee
Made to impress, the cherries jubilee is a vintage classic that will up your ice cream game this summer. Wow your friends with this fun dessert as a final toast to your summer party skills.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pound frozen cherries
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 ounces Grand Marnier
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a medium pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir to combine with the butter. Cook until the sugar melts, making a light golden color, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cherries. Cook, stirring, just until they soften and release their juices, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Turn off the burner. Light a long kitchen or ﬁreplace match, then drizzle the Grand Marnier over the cherries. Hold the match carefully near the edge of the pan to ignite the liqueur, then allow it to burn off (see Note).
- Spoon the ﬂambéed cherries over scoops of ice cream and serve immediately.
- This recipe involves igniting alcohol, so be warned and exercise extreme caution!