Homemade Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Buffalo chicken is so much more than just hot sauce on wings! Making the sauce in the recipe is a cinch and the result is mouthwatering goodness that you just can’t get anywhere else. Additional toppings you can serve your guest: blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing, chopped scallions and sliced tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 6 buns, for serving
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Thinly sliced mozzarella cheese and lettuce, for serving
- In a large pot, combine the hot pepper sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring with a whisk. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from the heat and continue to stir.
- Add the chicken to the sauce.
- Top each bun with 1 tablespoon of the ranch dressing, the lettuce, 2/3 cup of the chicken, and the mozzarella cheese, and serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.