Why buy fruit leather when you can make your own? You can tailor it to your taste by adding some spice. It’s a sweet treat you can take on the road.Print
Why buy fruit leather when you can make your own? You can tailor it to your taste by adding some spice. It’s a sweet treat you can take on the road.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 16 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 4 cups peeled, cored, and chopped pears
- 4 cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pear, apple, sugar, and lemon juice. Blend/process until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the pureed fruit mixture evenly on the parchment paper.
- Put the pan on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake for 5 to 6 hours, leaving the oven door slightly open.
- The fruit leather is ready when the surface is no longer tacky and it’s easy to tear.
- Roll up the leather in parchment paper or plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s a great alternative to store-bought fruit leather—please tell us how it turned out for you.