Dutch Oven Pot Roast
Braised beef with carrots is a comforting home meal that is worth the wait. Tender and juicy from a long and low cook time, your whole family will love this classic roast.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 1 (4-to 5-pound) chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Season the roast with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and cook until slightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the roast and sear for 1 minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over, then transfer the roast to a plate.
- Add the broth to the pot and stir, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to bring the ﬂavor up. Return the roast to the pot and add the thyme sprigs.
- Cover the pot, transfer to the oven, and roast for 3 hours. Transfer the roast to a carving board and slice it thinly. Arrange the slices on a serving platter with the carrots. Spoon the pan juices over the meat and serve.