Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This classic soup is easy to just grab off the shelf, but making a homemade version is much more rewarding! Fresh carrots, celery, and garlic help make this soup flavorful.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Soups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook just until the chicken begins to color.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, broth, and bay leaves. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles and simmer until the noodles are cooked, according to the package instructions.
- Turn off the heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaves.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.