Easy Apple Pie Dump Cake
Cake mix and apple pie filling are the shortcuts that make this dump cake an easy recipe to throw together in a flash. Topped with pecans and caramel sauce, this is a no-brainer fall cake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (16.5-ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon minced crystallized ginger
- Caramel sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place the apple filling in a large bowl. Break up the apple pieces with a spoon or fork.
- Add the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat for 2 minutes on medium speed until combined. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger. Sprinkle the mixture over the cake.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with caramel sauce.