Cheesy Sausage Fajita Frittata
A hashbrown base is topped with an egg and sausage mixture to bake and fill your home with delicious smells on an early morning. Topped with cheese, this dish is a family favorite.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 3 cups Southern-style frozen hash browns
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small poblano pepper, cut into strips
- 12 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1∕3 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the hash browns over the bottom of the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and poblano pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic and cook until the sausage is fully cooked.
- Remove the hash browns from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 350ºF. Top the hash browns with the sausage mixture. Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl until combined and pour over the casserole. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 25 minutes, until the eggs are set. Serve.