Loaded Stuffed Peppers
Add stuffed peppers to your dinner rotation with this easy and colorful recipe. Stuffed with ground beef, diced tomatoes, stuffing mix and more, these peppers are baked to perfection and topped with melty cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2-4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 1/2 cups stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring to break up clumps. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until the onion is translucent. Drain the meat mixture and return the pan to the heat. Add the tomatoes, corn, 2 cups of the stufﬁng mix, the cilantro, and salt and stir well.
- While the meat is cooking, cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the top, seeds, and all of the white membrane. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Lightly pack the ﬁlling into the peppers.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave and add the remaining ½ cup stufﬁng mix and half of the cheese, stirring to coat the bread. Spoon on top of the ﬁlled peppers, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Add ¼ cup water to the bottom of the baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the peppers are just tender but not collapsing. Serve immediately.