Easy Pumpkin Spice Roll
Your favorite fall flavors all rolled into one? Absolutely! This pumpkin cake is rolled with the most delectable cream cheese frosting for a wonderful presentation and an even more wonderful balance of flavor.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a rimmed 18 x 13-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Add the pumpkin puree and eggs and mix well.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the cake is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and while the cake is still hot, carefully lift up with the parchment from the baking sheet and place on a work surface. Using the parchment paper, roll the cake up jelly roll–style starting at the narrow end of the cake. Set on a wire rack until cool, about 20 minutes.
- For the filling: While the cake is cooling, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Carefully unroll the cake, spread the frosting evenly over the surface, and reroll the cake, removing the parchment as you roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the topping: Mix together the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the pumpkin roll, then slice and serve.