Whenever the stars align and I have a fresh harvest of several different types of produce at once, salad is one of the first things I make. It’s an excellent way to enjoy my fruits and veggies at their freshest and celebrate their natural flavors!
If my harvest includes a fresh batch of corn, this Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad is one of my favorite recipes to whip up. It’s simple yet colorful—a treat for both your mouth and your eyes. I’ve been invited to so many potluck barbecues on the condition that I bring a container filled to the brim with this salad, just because everyone can’t get enough of it!
The sweetness of the corn and its satisfying tender-crisp bite works so well with the tartness and juiciness of the tomatoes, while the creamy, earthy, buttery avocados provide a welcome contrast. To make the salad extra tasty, the dressing adds a lively zing with olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro. Feel free to skip out on the cilantro if you (or any of the people you’re serving this salad to) aren’t a fan of its taste!
While preparing this Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad takes as little as 10 minutes, you should always make it at least an hour or two in advance of when you want to eat it. Putting it in the fridge after you’ve mixed up all the veggies and the dressing allows all the flavors to blend together, ensuring that each bite is bright and zesty!Print
Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
This vegan Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad can be a fresh side dish or a bright main course — it goes well with everything!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Additional Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, preferably grilled
- 1 to 2 avocados, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, avocado, and onion.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl, then pour over the vegetables and toss gently to mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, to blend all the flavors together.
Corn is an all-American staple! If you want to grow your own corn at home, The Everything Corn Gardening Guide has everything you need to know about growing and enjoying this unique food in your home garden, including advice on planting, raising, harvesting, and preparing dish after delicious dish featuring your home-grown corn.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy, fresh, and always a winner. Please tell us how it turned out for you in the comments section below.