Now for something completely different—red corn! This eminently edible SE corn variety makes a statement in the garden and on the plate. It can either be picked a bit earlier when it’s blush-red for maximum sweetness, or you can let it ripen to fully develop its rich, old-fashioned corn flavor. There’s no need to isolate it from other corns, but growing another SE variety with Ruby Queen will help with pollination.
- Meaty, tender 8-inch ears on 7-foot stalks
- Red tassels and stalks make stunning autumn decorations
- Ready to harvest in 75 days
- Grows best in full sun and rich, fertile, well-drained soil
- Steaming or microwaving brings out the color and flavor
Have you grown Ruby Queen Hybrid corn? If so, tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.