This recipe is so easy to make, uses colorful and delicious Cherry tomatoes from your garden, and sparkles with a homemade vinaigrette. It is a great way to show off your harvest and serve a fabulous dish when entertaining for dinner.Print
Cherry Tomato Salad
This recipe is so easy to make, uses colorful and delicious Cherry tomatoes from your garden, and sparkles with a homemade vinaigrette. It is a great way to show off your harvest and serve a fabulous dish when entertaining for dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1h
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 40 Cherry tomatoes—washed, dried, and cut in half
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 1 6-ounce can black olives, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 2 scallions or green onions, minced
- 3 ounces pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (if using fresh oregano, finely mince 2 teaspoons of fresh oregano)
- Parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper, seasoned to taste
- In a large bowl, combine Cherry tomatoes, green olives, black olives, and scallions or green onions.
- In a dry skillet, toast the pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown, turning frequently. Stir into tomato mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil and vinegar mixture over salad, and gently stir to coat everything.
- Chill for 1 hour and garnish with whole parsley leaves.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and delicious—please tell us how it turned out for you.