This is a simple, yet elegant, appetizer to serve on a beautiful summer or fall evening. The balsamic vinegar gives this dish a unique zest. A great way to start an Italian dinner meal!Print
This is a simple, yet elegant, appetizer to serve on a beautiful summer or fall evening. The balsamic vinegar gives this dish a unique zest. A great way to start an Italian dinner meal!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: n/a
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- 8 Roma (or Plum) tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced and toasted
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, to mix and blend all the flavors together.
- Slice French bread in half-inch slices and toast until lightly brown.
- Spread mixture on toasted bread slices and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s a great way to spruce up your dinner party for friends as an appetizer—please tell us how it turned out for you.